Sunday, September 21, 2014

To my ONE year old,






(Pictures by my friend, Jordan!)

I can't believe you are one WHOLE year old!! This past year has flown by and has been the best year ever because of you! You are getting so big, learning so much every day, and showing more and more of your personality! Every new stage is more and more fun! Here are a few of my favorite things about you at ONE:

You are really such a happy, content baby! Everyone is always commenting about how pleasant you are all the time. You are easy to get a smile and laugh out of and you smile and wave to everyone. You love to be out and about and you love to watch people. If we are in a restaurant, you notice right when someone walks in and you wave really big at them until they wave to you. You are definitely a people person and you have never met a stranger! You have such a sweet and loving personality.

You are so cuddly. Rocking and singing to you at night is still my all time favorite. I love to sing you Primary songs and hymns. I will cry the day you won't let me rock and sing to you. I love singing to you about Heavenly Father, Jesus and how families can be together forever. I love that sweet time we share together every night.

You are so, so, so busy right now!! You have actually lost an ounce since your 9 month check up because you never sit still. You are losing your baby chub and it makes me so sad. You are getting really close to walking. You pull up and try to climb on everything. When you see something you want you wave at it until you can get it. You are a determined little guy and you love to get into everything! You love playing in our bathroom and pulling everything out of the drawers and cabinets. Showering and getting ready is becoming very difficult for me if Daddy is not home. You also love keys, pots and pans, bowls, and cords. Our house is always a mess because of you, but I wouldn't have it any other way. I love watching you explore and figure things out. Oh, I also love when you carry things around in your mouth. :)

You LOVE to eat now and finally started drinking out of a sippy cup last week! You eat everything, but if we give you a few things at once, you will spit out the things that aren't as tasty. :) You started drinking out of a sippy cup because I put some chocolate almond milk that I was drinking in your cup.. So naturally you had to learn really quickly how to get that out! :)

You love to climb the stairs. You always stop halfway and at the top and smile really big and clap! It's adorable. You also clap whenever we say, "Good boy!" 

You give the best hugs and "kisses" ever! Sometimes when you are playing you will just crawl over to me and put your arms around my neck and squeeze me really tight. It's the best! Whenever we ask you to give kisses you either put your cheek up to our cheek or give a big, wet slobbery, open-mouthed kiss/bite! We love your sweet kisses!

You also love to share! You will hand us stuff or try to put your snacks in our mouths. Today you were carrying this wooden little peg man in your mouth and I grabbed you and cuddled you and happened to open my mouth and you stuck your toy in my mouth. It was so cute. :)

I kind of just want to press pause on life right now because I don't want you to get any bigger, but at the same time I am so excited for what's to come! Every stage with you has been better and better and more and more fun! I have loved watching your personality grow. You are so sweet, friendly, and you love to have a good time! I am so grateful to be your mommy! You are the light of my life. I probably tell Daddy a million times a day how cute and sweet you are and how lucky we are to have you! I love you with all of my heart and I hope you know how special you are to me. I treasure every minute with you!



No comments:

Post a Comment