Thursday, August 7, 2014

11!














My baby is almost one?! It makes me sad to think about, but at the same time I'm excited for what's to come! He is learning so much and I love to watch him explore and discover new things. He is constantly on the go now and always doing something new! This month we were in Florida for 3 weeks with Clay's parents. I feel like he changed so much in the time we were there!

-He is clapping! It's probably the cutest thing I have ever seen. When we clap and say "yay Hudson!" he gets a big grin on his face and claps. It's adorable!

-He can throw a ball. He loves to play ball with us. We roll a ball to him and he usually first tries to bite it and then throws it back to us. At Grammy and Granddaddy's house, we were playing with a beach ball in the pool and he would literally attack it and wrap his whole body around it and try to eat it. It was hilarious! He is all boy!

-He is so strong! He pulls up and stands, no problem now and can climb to the top of the stairs. He has the tightest grip and when he wants something, he goes for it pretty intensely! We joke that he is a little thief because he can grab something so quickly you don't even notice! This includes pens out of pockets, glasses, keys out of purses- just to name a few. :)

-He is eating so much now! On our flight to Florida, he ate more baby puffs than ever before and now he is all about food! If someone is eating, he has to be eating too! He loves fruit- nectarines are probably his favorite. He likes pretty much everything we give him except avocado. He reallllyyyy likes chocolate chip cookies. We made some while we were in Florida and I gave him a bite and he pitched a fit when I wouldn't give him more and then he reached for the cookies every time we walked by them! We eventually had to hide them from him. He's a Cookie Monster like his Mommy. :)

-His sleep got pretty messed up while we were gone, but since we have been back he is doing so much better! The past few nights he has gone to bed around 7:30 or 8:00 and woken up at 5:00 to eat and then goes back to sleep until 7:00 or 8:00! While we were gone he wouldn't let me sing to him and cuddle him before bed, I just had to nurse him to sleep, but now he is letting me cuddle and sing to him again. I love it. It's still one of my favorite times of the day.

-We always say that changing his diaper or getting him dressed is like trying to wrestle an alligator. He does not like to be still and lay down! He is busy, busy, busy! He also really hates being put into his carseat and most of the time, I still ride in the back next to him. We can't wait until we can flip him around! He is not a fan of facing the back! 

-For being as busy as he is, he still likes to be held and cuddle. He still loves to watch me do things, but he likes to help now too. :)

-He is the friendliest baby! He waves at everyone and talks to everyone! He makes friends everywhere we go and loves to get attention from people! He will literally strain his neck to look around Clay and me to see new people! It cracks me up!

I love that boy so much! He is the sweetest baby ever! I love each stage with him more and more! He is so much fun and so smart. He can mimic things we do now and he still has the best laugh! I want him to stay my baby forever. 


1 comment:

  1. Isn't it funny how when you're a mom you post like 40 pictures that would all look the same to someone else, but you have to post them all because every single little expression is special and different and you know them all?! That's what all your pictures made me think about. :) Can't believe I haven't met this cute boy yet! He is so cute Haley!

    ReplyDelete