Wednesday, November 27, 2013

Right Now

I'm sitting in the rocking chair holding Hudson while he sleeps and eats off and on. Hudson keeps smiling and laughing in his sleep. I wish I knew what he is dreaming about. The Christmas tree is lit and Clay is at Crossfit and I'm thinking. Thinking about how great life is right now. I'm so happy. I don't feel like something is missing. I don't feel like my life has no purpose. I feel complete. I love waking up every morning knowing that I get to be Hudson's mommy. I know that even on days where I get nothing done, when I just held my baby all day, that I did something. I am so grateful to be a mother. There is really nothing better. 

Clay and I went and saw Catching Fire today and my parents watched Hudson. The movie was good but I kept checking the time on my phone and counting down to when I could go home to my baby. My favorite place to be is at home with my boys. Hudson is at such a fun age right now. He is 12 weeks today and he smiles and coos and laughs so much now! His little voice melts my heart. The other night we were google chatting with Grammy and Aunt Leigh Anna and I got Hudson to talk to me for a few minutes. It was the sweetest thing. He smiled and coo-ed and puckered out his lips the whole time he was talking. I started tearing up. It was so cute and sweet. I love this boy. Now, he is waking up so I am going to go cuddle him some more. 

No comments:

Post a Comment