Monday, November 25, 2013

2 months: a blessing, smiles, and Halloween.


We decided to bless Hudson at church when he was 5 weeks old when all of Clay's family could be here. We also invited a few close friends to participate in the blessing. It was so wonderful to see Hudson surrounded by so many people that love and support us. Clay gave Hudson such a beautiful blessing. There was such a special spirit there.

After the blessing, we all went to my parents' house for brunch. Livvy asked me during church if I was going to Hudson's party after. :) Hudson's party was really nice! ;) We ate so much delicious food! We had tomato pies from Molly's (who also catered our Utah wedding reception), fruit salad, bacon, a couscous salad, a pear salad, my mom's chocolate pound cake and Janet's peanut butter M&M cookies. It was such a special day and we were glad we could share it with friends and family! Thanks to all who were a part of it! Mom Fail: I didn't bring my big camera or get a good group shot! :(

When Hudson was 6 weeks old, he started REALLY smiling while he was awake! He had smiled a little before this, but this was like unmistakable REAL smiling. I can honestly say his first big smiles made me happier than anything else. Clay was at his internship and I had just fed Hudson and was trying really hard to make him smile and he gave me the biggest grins and coos for the first time! I will never forget how sweet it was. I almost cried and could not stop smiling the rest of the night! Luckily, I caught those sweet smiles on my phone! 

Hudson was exactly 8 weeks old on Halloween. I was debating whether to get him a costume or not for this year. I could not find one I liked that came in his size and I knew we didn't have any big plans for Halloween anyway. The day before Halloween, my sister offered to make him a costume (actually I think Livvy offered) and she made him the cutest little superhero costume! It's so nice to have such a crafty sister. She literally whipped it up in like an hour. On Halloween, we went to my parents' house and ate chili and helped pass out candy while the girls trick or treated. It was a good first Halloween for Hudson! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment