Thursday, October 31, 2013

Hudson's Birth Story Part 2 (Finally!)

I had fully intended on writing this about 6 weeks ago, but life with a new baby got in the way!

Anyway... so after we got to enjoy Hudson for a little bit and eat some after-birth-I-can-eat-it-again sushi that my Dad brought, Clay went with the nurse to give him his first bath. I already missed him! Clay was texting me pictures during his bath and I just wanted to hold my little man. Hudson was not a huge fan of bath time.








All fresh and clean :)


I was so happy when they brought him back. I just wanted to hold him all night long.


Since Clay had to go to class in the morning and it was already so late by the time my epidural wore off (and Hudson was doing this weird choking thing that really scared me!), we decided to send him to the nursery so we could try to get some sleep. Clay slept and I did not sleep a wink. All I wanted to do was hold my sweet boy and I was really regretting my decision to send him to the nursery. I felt like a piece of me was gone. Around 5, they brought him back to nurse and then we kept him in our room. I just held him and stared at him for hours. I can't describe the feeling. All I know is that there is nothing better in this world. He had his eyes closed most of the time, until we would turn the lights off, then he would open them slowly and look at me. I loved every moment. The next morning, my parents came back so Clay could go home and shower and go to class. It was so nice that the hospital was only about 5 minutes away from our apartment. My mom and I dressed Hudson in his first outfit. It looked so big on his little body!




Later that day, Clay's mom got here. It was so sweet to see her meet him for the first time. Hudson is so lucky to have such wonderful grandparents! 





I was so exhausted that on Thursday night, I decided to take an Ambien to get some rest before we left the hospital on Friday morning. The nurse took Hudson to the nursery and brought him in to nurse a few times during the night. Even though I was a little delirious from the sleeping pill, I will always remember his sweet little eyes looking up at me while he nursed. I couldn't believe how tiny he looked. 

Friday morning, we got cleared to leave and left around 11 AM.






Hudson held mommy's finger the whole way home. 
We were so excited to start "real life" with our perfect baby boy!

No comments:

Post a Comment