Monday, April 22, 2013

Moving, kicks, and a wedding!


1. We moved into our new condo about 3 weeks ago and we are loving it! The move went so smoothly and we are grateful for all of the help that we had. My mom helped me pack and unpack everything and was such a huge help. Everything is pretty much settled, we just need a few more things. I will put up pictures when it is all done. We love being able to finally share a closet, have a room for baby where we can keep all of his things (although that room stills needs a lot of help... like furniture), and having a bigger guest room so we can actually have people come stay with us. The location is so convenient and it seems so much closer to Salt Lake because we are right off the freeway. We went to our new ward for the first time last Sunday and we love it so far. Everyone was really friendly and welcoming. I can't wait for the Summer when the pool opens. The pool is super nice here and we even have a gas grill we can use. 

2. Baby boy is doing great and is still a boy! :) I was so worried that they were wrong or something the first time, but they checked again at our 20 week ultrasound. Everything is perfect and he seems to be growing and developing healthy and strong! He was pushed into the bottom corner of my uterus, so we couldn't get a good view of his little face, but we were able to see everything else very clearly. I loved seeing the blood pumping through all of the chambers of his little heart. He weighed 11 ounces and his heart beat was around 145 bpm. I already think he looks like his daddy, he was even stretching out just like Clay does, with one leg stretched out and the other bent over the top. It was so cute! He kept his little hands up around his face the whole time. He definitely looked more like a baby this time and less skeletal than our 16 week ultrasound. I love getting to see him and I can't wait to meet him for the first time! I have been feeling lots of kicks lately and that makes it all that much more real! 




3. My brother, Carter got married this past weekend! They have been engaged for a while, but decided just a couple of weeks ago to get married this past weekend. It was kind of chaotic planning everything that quickly, but it all went very smoothly and we could not be happier for him and our sweet new sister-in-law, Aubrey! They have been dating for a long time and we love her! The wedding was beautiful and Aubrey looked stunning! It was at the Springville Art Museum. My oldest brother, Preston flew in from Seattle for the weekend and it was great to spend some time with him as well. I love my family and it is rare that we get to all be together these days. It ended up being a kind of stressful weekend though, because I have been sick for the past week and then Clay hurt his back really badly at Crossfit on Friday. Saturday morning he could barely walk! He was pretty miserable at the wedding, but we would not have missed it. It was a happy day, despite our stressful morning!! Oh, and I forgot my real camera, so I only have phone pictures for now! 



Congratulations, Carter and Aubrey! We love you!!



1 comment:

  1. What? Only 4 pictures from the wedding?! Huey is disappointed!

    ReplyDelete