Friday, April 18, 2014

7 (and a half) months!







I know I missed the exact 7 month mark, but I want to document this age, so better late than never, right?! Clay and I are constantly talking about how much Hudson is learning and growing! How did he go from my sweet newborn boy who did nothing but lay there to this active boy rolling, laughing, "talking," and squealing all over the place. I swear I just blinked. It is going by so, so fast. I know I start every post like this, but really! I wish I could just have a camera crew follow Hudson around all day every day because I want to remember it all and not forget anything. Since that is not practical, this is not the Trueman Show... Here are a few of the things I want to remember about Hudson right now:

-I wish I could capture the way he feels right now. So perfectly chunky and sweet. This boy loves to be held. He is getting very active and squirmy, but he still just loves to be held. He reaches for people ( and anything that is not a toy) and will wrap his little arms around your neck. It's the best. He is my little sidekick and loves to be in the action and watching me do everything- from cooking and cleaning, to curling my hair and putting on makeup. He wants to be right there on my hip or in my lap. I know it is something I will miss when he wants nothing to do with me one day (when he is about 15... I hope that never happens actually).

-His baby talking and laughs are still the best sounds ever. He usually babbles a lot when he rolls around on the floor playing by himself or when he is in his car seat or stroller. Sometimes we hear some "ma, ma, ma's" and "da, da, da's" in there. He is always looking for a laugh. He loves peek-a-boo, songs (Popcorn Popping and the Itsy Bitsy Spider are his favorites- he loves the actions), and being "scared." He is pretty ticklish, too. Daddy's kisses on his belly still make him laugh a lot, too. He is such a happy, smiley baby. I love it!

-He notices everything now. He loves going on walks around our complex. He loves to be outside. He always gets really calm when we go outside. We are loving the warmer weather. He is always just looking around and when he hears a noise he always tries to find where it is coming from (which makes nursing anywhere but at home in a quiet room really difficult!). He loves strings, cords, tags, necklaces, shoes, and pretty much anything "non-toy" the most. :)

-He has 6 teeth now! 6! He got his 2 bottom teeth first, then his 2 teeth next to his too middle ones, and then the middle ones! Not the typical order, I have heard, but they look so cute! When he does his big grin he looks so big. His top front middle ones just poked through yesterday and today. He has been really tough about it! 

-Whenever I go into his room to get him from naps or in the morning when he is awake, I always peer over the crib and smile at him really big and he smiles and gets excited. When he gets excited he like breathes really heavy and flails his arms around and kicks a lot and squeals. It's so cute! 

I really love being his mom. I feel so lucky to get to spend all of my time with this sweet baby. He has introduced me to a whole new level of happiness that I did not know existed. I love this baby boy more than anything! I love watching his personality emerge and seeing him learn so much, but I can't help but want to freeze time and keep him this little. Since I can't, I will just keep kissing his chubby cheeks non-stop and trying to remember it all. 

2 comments:

  1. So sweet! He is the cutest little boy! And you are such a good mommy Haley! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. He is so handsome, i just can't get over it :)

    ReplyDelete